CNF Scholarships and Amounts:
2013 Nightingale Scholarships:
Colorado Nurses Association: Nightingale
Scholarship* - $1000
Donor Alliance: Nightingale Scholarship
Lola Fehr Donating Phyllis Drennan
Memorial Scholarship: Nightingale Scholarship* -
University of Colorado: Nightingale
DNA 20 - $1,000
DNA 16: Eleanor Bent Scholarship*
H.M. Muffly Memorial Scholarship*
Leslie Groy Public Health Nurses Scholarship* -
Lizzie Schaeffer Teichler Memorial Scholarship* -
Patty Darbonne Walter Memorial
Scholarship* - $1,000
Roy Anderson Memorial Scholarship* -
Colorado Nurses Association: Virginia Paulson Memorial
Courtenay C. & Lucy Patten Davis Scholarship -
*Specific scholarship criteria applies.
Applicants must be:
• A Colorado resident committed to practicing nursing in
• Accepted as a student in an approved Colorado Nursing
Program or in an approved online program.
• A minimum of one semester of study remaining prior to
completing their degree. Students graduating in December
2013 are ineligible to apply for a CNF Scholarship.
Undergraduate applicants must have a 3.25 grade point
average minimum and graduate student applicants must have a
3.5 grade point average minimum, with one of the following
• Student in second year of nursing studies in an associate
degree in nursing program, OR
• Junior or Senior level BSN undergraduate student, OR
• RN enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing
program in a school of nursing, OR
• RN with master’s degree in nursing, currently practicing
in Colorado and enrolled in a doctoral program, OR
• Student in second or third year of a Doctorate Nursing
Practice (DNP) program. All graduate degree students must
have continuous minimum enrollment for 6 semester hours.
Scholarship Criteria for Awards
Your scholarship application must include and will be rated
on the following:
• Professional philosophy and goals,
• Dedication to the improvement of patient care in Colorado,
• Demonstrated commitment to nursing, and potential for
• Involvement in community and professional organizations,
• Grade point average (minimum 3.25 undergraduate, 3.5
• Financial need statement and narrative explanation,
• Recommendation of one faculty member, using form included
on page 9, and
• Recommendation from employer/supervisor (if not employed,
then from another individual).
• Copy of transcript including last semester’s grades (CNF
does not require an official transcript).
deadline for application is Friday, October 25
If you have questions or problems with the online
application process, please call the Foundation directly.
Colorado Nurses Foundation
9200 East Mineral Ave., #1140, Centennial, CO 80112
Phone: 800-205-6655 ~ Fax 303-200-7099
©2013, Colorado Nurses
Foundation. All rights reserved.
Website maintained by CNF Staff